Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Personal Submission

How was I ever going to put together a personal submission???  I'm not creative!!   Other people could do videos, drawings, posters, flyers, etc.   What did I have?  I could write a letter!  Ummm, I guess I could bake something...  Yes, yes, that's right.  I can bake.  But what?
 
The incredible thought process and trail to get to my end design was exhausting.  My husband nudged me in the right direction and through multiple trial & error branches, I finally came to a final idea.
 
I put together a "Fact Sheet" on me with 10 facts. Some things people know, others that I don't really talk about.  Only because they don't come up.  :)   The overall theme is from Conspiracy Stuff. 
 
I included a "Top Secret" folder that had the Fact Sheets as well as the "evidence", which were 24 absolutely delicious cupcakes that I tied into most of my facts.  
 
It was an exhausting weekend but so much fun.  
 
 
See below for a screenshot of my Fact Sheet as well as pics of my cupcakes!
 
FOR THE RECORD - the Star Trek cupcakes were NOT supposed to be green.   They were supposed to be blue.  You can't always get food coloring to cooperate.  :)
 
 




And for the main events!!!  

  • Brain cupcakes (for science and braaaaains): Devil's Food, Chocolate Ganache filling, Swiss Meringue Butter Cream frosting
  • Star Trek cupcakes (for Star Trek and all things sci-fi): Devil's Food, Chocolate Ganache filling, Butter Cream frosting, fondant Star Trek logo
  • Dirt & Worms/Bugs cupcakes (for gardening and my bearded dragon): French Vanilla, Chocolate Ganache filling, Chocolate Butter Cream frosting, gummy worms & bugs  :)
  • Moons & Stars cupcakes (for space!): French Vanilla, Chocolate Ganache filling, Chocolate Butter Cream frosting, sprinkles!




No comments:

Post a Comment