Wednesday, July 17, 2013

O Romeotops, where's that rainbow?

I guess I like making a fool out of myself.   Or is it I like having fun?   Not sure which it is. 

Our first face-to-face meeting for Flight Academy was July 16, 2013.  For that meeting we all had to come up with a 5 minute presentation about who we are.

You know, I just realized I never talked about the interview process and being accepted.  I guess I'll just say there was an interview, it was easy and fun, I wasn't really nervous and enjoyed it.   I also liked the questions.  It can be assumed I was accepted into the Flight Academy.  So there you are.

Back on topic Gemini.

How do I describe myself?   I have a hard time with that.   As I recently discovered about myself, I'm a show-er, not a teller.   And so I showed!

First I told them about how I took acting classes at Copperview Community Center when I was a pre-teen.  One of the fun things we did was travelled to libraries and did mini-plays for kids.   Our theme was dinosaurs.  We had hats, shirts and tails.  

Then I cracked out a Tyrannosaurus hat (ha!) and put on a mini-play of Romeotops and Juliosaurus (see below).  I could remember the first part of section I wanted to do, but not all of it.  So I had to "write" the rest.   I am pretty sure I have it close.   I did mess up on the words a bit, but alas....we can't be perfect.  I thought the mess-up was so beautiful I pointed it out when it happened.  lol   By the way, dinosaurs, to my knowledge, did not have hooves.

After that, because I hadn't tortured myself enough, I took off the hat and sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  Yes, I did. I think I did really well.  :)

When I get a copy of the video I'll see if I can post it.  But for now, here's a picture and the play.  



Romeotops and Juliosaurus:
Act 2, scene 2, 33–49

O Romeotops, Romeotops, wherefore art thou Romeotops?
Deny thy father and refuse thy species;
... Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Tyrannosaurus.
 
 'Tis but thy species that is my enemy:
Thou art thyself, though not a Triceratops.
What is Triceratops? It is nor beak nor horns,
Nor teeth nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a dinosaur. O be some other species!
 
What's in a species? That which we call a pterodactyl
By any other kind would smell as sweet;
So Romeotops would, were he not Romeotops call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title.
Romeotops, doff thy species,
and for thy species, which is no part of thee,
Take all myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment