We had a Web-Ex meeting on Aug 7. I had put off doing my homework for that Web-Ex. Who has the time? I realized I had better do the homework, especially that Johari Window, so I checked out the homework in better detail than my initial skim through the email.
And what to my wondering eyes should appear? But an assignment for a small group project. We were broken into three groups and had to create a 10 minute presentation on different topics. Each group had a project leader. I couldn't possibly be the project leader!
HA! Of course I was. A quick email to my two cohorts and the project was off! I think they were just as surprised as me. :) I made sure to think of both of their needs and set up a time & place that worked for all of us.
We had one person in my building and one at a hospital. The person in my building couldn't leave the phones for very long so that meant we had to meet closer to him and his schedule. Thankfully his manager is working with him for the Flight Academy.
I really enjoyed working as a group. Even though normally I hate working in a group because it always seems as if there's one person who never helps. I guess I have hang-ups due to a previous job and, of course, school nightmares. Not this group.
None of us had any idea what to do for our assignment. We met, we thought, we conquered. I think we came up with a pretty solid presentation. Although we did have a bit of a communication snafu where David didn't know for sure which part of the presentation he was supposed to start on. It was only because we changed it. Quinn (now we know who the two others are!) did the slides he was supposed to do but David thought he was supposed to start one slide earlier. It was funny. I think David thought it was a disaster but it really wasn't. Things happen.
What was the presentation?
In a nutshell: Life is a Beach (Ball). We all live in our own colored worlds with our own beliefs, thoughts, dreams, opinions and views. We can only call ourselves successful if we can blend our differences, or "multicolored-ness" towards our common goals. It's all about perspective. Or something like that.

No comments:
Post a Comment